Our Objectives for 2010-11
The following sets out our objectives and focus for the coming year assuming no major change in either Government policy or funding. Clearly if that happens I will redraft and publish as soon as possible.
• continue to ensure our existing infrastructure enables citizens and communities to engage in planning.
• continue to drive increased numbers to submit planning applications electronically, aiming for 50-60% of all applications online by March 2011.
• focus our technical resources on improving and simplifying 1APP for both business and citizen users.
• deliver Portal 2 our full redesign in Summer and as a consequence audit and prune the vast amount of content on the site.
• use our new functionality to encourage private sector partners to develop tools and services to support planning improvement.
• work with DirectGov to improve planning information for citizens.
• continue to support and encourage take-up of the e-Consultation Hub.
Recognising the constraints on public funding, we will seek to generate around £1M in revenue this year, increasing over time to become self-sufficient through value-added services and partnerships that will ensure that core services remain free for all.