Goodbye to 2015 and hello 2016
As 2015 draws to a close I thought I’d look back at a busy and momentous year for the Planning Portal.
Away from the day-to-day business of running the website and engaging with customers and stakeholders, it’s fair to say that for the first three months of 2015 most of the Portal team was pre-occupied with the move from Government into the private sector.
The Portal had been in DCLG (formerly ODPM and formerly DTLR) since 2001 – and some of the team had been with it since then.
We left behind many friends and colleagues when we finally moved out of the public sector in mid-March.
DCLG remains a part of the joint venture with our parent company TerraQuest but moving into the commercial world felt like a breath of fresh air and reinvigorated the team in a new office and with a new website and vision to deliver.
Looking ahead at 2016, we can’t wait to get the new website live. We’re incredibly excited about the new service and the roadmap for service delivery in 2016. As I mentioned in an earlier post we’ll be delivering a host of new products next year.
In addition to the new website, next year we’ll be rolling out:
- A seamless and integrated planning and building control application service
- A suite of tools to make the application service work even better for professionals
- An improved range of online payment options to address validation issues – including a secure method for applicants to pay directly for applications submitted by their agent
- An intuitive, redesigned interactive house
- A facility for LPAs to increase supporting document file sizes – where they are able to process them
One thing that won’t be changing is our commitment to working with our customers and stakeholders to deliver the best service we can.
This commitment to working closely with LPAs, professionals and the general public has seen over 460,000 planning applications submitted through the Portal this year alone and we project over 525,000 applications will be sent through our system in 2016.
As a final sign off for 2015 I’d just like to extend my thanks, and the gratitude of the entire Planning Portal team, for your support in 2015.
We hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. See you in 2016.