Skip to content

Non-planning consents information now on the Portal

by on May 10, 2012

Guidance on a number of non-planning consent regimes is now available on the Planning Portal. It’s part of us doing our bit to support the Government’s drive to simplify and streamline the development process as a result of the Penfold Review.

The review found that planning and other development consent regimes were managed by different parts of Government and finding consistent information on these regimes was difficult for end users and businesses.

As part of its response to the review, the Government committed to improve online information about non-planning consents and make it easier to apply – which is where we come in.

Straightforward information and links to more advice and online forms (where they’re offered) is now available on the Portal.

The new advice covers those consents most commonly linked with planning and development and includes:

  • Alcohol licences
  • Badger licences
  • Coal Authority permits
  • Common land
  • Environmental permits
  • European protected species
  • Flood defence
  • Footpaths, bridleways or restricted byways – stopping up or diverting
  • Hazardous substances
  • Highway stopping up or diversion

As always we’re open to suggestions – please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Here’s the link again: Non-planning consents information

  1. Jennifer & David Cormack permalink

    How can we find a local expert to attempt to get planning permission for a new build on a plot of land we own in Breckland Norfolk ? Can the Planning Portal provide a list ? We do not need an architect as we would use a provider such as Potton Thanks..

    • PortalDirector permalink

      Hi Jennifer and David,
      thanks for getting in touch.
      I can’t provide a personal recommendation but I can point you in the direction of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Consultants Directory.
      Alternatively you could contact your local authority for a list of local agents.
      Good luck.

      • Jennifer & David Cormack permalink

        Many thanks – tried RTPI no help. No consultants in Norfolk.We wiil persist later

      • PortalDirector permalink

        I’m happy to put a call out via the blog if you wish.

      • Chris, Don’t forget that architects are expert in obtaining planning permissions!

        With respect to your blog post, one area that often falls through the gaps is rural signage and in particular attraction signage, or the roadside “brown signs”.

  2. One approach is a specialist Accredited Planning Solicitor of the Law Society some of whom undertake just this type of work – particularly if there is a need to mount convincing argument in support of the application

Please give us your feedback but we won’t publish any comments that are not constructive or that criticise any individual, any named business or any local authority. Please note, all comments will be moderated before being published.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: